Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Gift That Keeps On Giving

June is a good month for my husband and me.  It’s my birthday month, and he loves Father’s Day.  Some years those two celebrations fall on the same day.  I love it when this happens.  These are the years that our gift plays double duty; we get one gift that is for both of us.  These gifts range from things like computers and cameras to evenings out for dinner.  My favorite double gift has been the gas grill.


When I told my girlfriends what I had gotten for my birthday, they gasped.  “That’s horrible!  Are your feelings hurt?” I was shocked at their reactions.  “No way!” I answered, “This is the gift that keeps on giving.  Not only do I not have to cook on the nights he is grilling, but I get to eat what he skillfully prepares.”  I would say this was a win-win situation, but honestly, I think I got the best end of this deal.

No comments: