Friday, September 17, 2010

Seeing the World with New Eyes


We had the amazing experience of being tour guides for a family from Korea!   JY Son works for the same company as John and had to work here for two months. He brought his family with him. (wife-Soon, daughter-Jiwan, son-Gwan and mother Ok Yeong).  We got the opportunity to take them to Yellowstone Park, Jackson Hole, and a Blue Angels air show.  You might be thinking, "So what?  Been there, done that."  I know, but it was an experience I will never forget.  We traveled in separate cars and moved caravan style through the Rocky Mountains.  I gained a new appreciation for the beauty and variety of the world around me.  We truly live in a beautiful part of the country.  I have been blessed to be able to live here and raise my children here too.  Every mountain vista, every wild animal, every flower and mountain stream I saw was like seeing it for the first time.  I remembered the wonder I felt when my family first moved to Montana.  I wondered if they were bored or too tired from all the driving to notice the things I saw.  As it turns out each time we stopped to rest they would go on and on about everything they saw!  They had a great time and it was fun to see them enjoying it as much as me. 
Everyone was a little nervous at first about traveling with people we didn't know. It is a good thing they could speak some English because we didn't know a bit of Korean.  Conversation was difficult but then we learned to enunciate better and they became more confident in their English so it was easier at the end.  


I will always be grateful for the chance to make new friends and remember the blessings I have been given by my Heavenly Father.

No comments: