Monday, January 16, 2012

Fall, the most beautiful time of the year.

I love Fall.  Leaves, cooler weather, the slant of the sunlight, my nesting instincts.  Yep, I love it!

Pumpkin Carving Fun

Tossing games with the spoiled
tomatoes from the garden
(it was very neglected this year)




I have gotten very frustrated with the changes in dishwasher soap.  The cup on the left is what the new phosphate free stuff has left on all my dishes.  I was voicing my frustration about it when with a group of other moms and this product was recommended!  The cup on the right is after just one washing!  Yipee!  Let me do a happy dance in my kitchen!
Clean dishes at last!


Can you tell which creation belongs to the 12 year old boy? eeewwwwww!

Hailey with Sam and Anni

Halloween 2011


I didn't know I was coming down with shingles for a while.(see previous post)  You tend to feel bad for about a week before the blisters start.  I have always had trouble living in the north when it starts to get dark earlier and earlier in the day. I know it's coming and brace myself for it every year.  (I get especially excited for Christmas because the shift toward more light begins!) I thought that this was just going to be a particularly hard winter in that way. I am glad I was just sick and that it wasn't depression.  I thought if it was this bad already, I will never make it through. I am very relieved that I felt bad for another reason. (It has been a relatively sunny winter so far, so that is another blessing in my life!) So one night I just couldn't face cleaning up after dinner and asked the kids for a volunteer to do it for me.  (insert cricket background noises and note that I had not cleaned up the kitchen at all that day) After a brief but uncomfortable silence my sweet Sierra volunteered.  I told her that I was grateful for her generosity and love and as a reward I would pay her 5 bucks if she did a super-duper-exceptional job on it.  (Not my best parenting moment, I am not proud of it but look at the results!) I'd say she did a super-duper-exceptional job and earned every penny!
Sierra added paper "Sparkling Clean" stars for effect!

1 comment:

Danny Hansen said...

Sometimes we have to bribe and reward as the case may be to get results. I was in San Diego one testimony day and it had been a long time since I had heard Heidi's kids say their testimonies so I told the two oldest I would pay them to go up and say their testimonies. Caleb did and Wow what a testimony. I had no idea. It was sweet, kind but very solid. Worth a million dollars but boy did I take a razzing from Heidi and Joe and was forbidden to do that again. I take that to mean until the next time. hehe