Thursday, January 23, 2014

Inside My Head

Some of the thoughts in my head while I run with friends…


Shoes, check, keys check, got to get there.  Don’t make them wait.  Motivation high.
Keys stashed.
Note to self…remember where you stashed your keys!  Let’s go.
Start moving, yes! This is going to be a great day.

Earbud secured, best song ever.  Good thing too, everyone is quiet today.

…ugh…what was I thinking?  Stop it, the first mile is always the worst.
No really, what was I thinking?  That it will be worth it, keep going.

Susie tells the funniest stories about her kids. How many times has that happened at our house? Family life, gotta love it.  Laughter feels good…laugh, keep breathing.

1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4  It’s gotten too quiet, I am counting off the pace.  I am more intelligent than that…think about something.  “Chartless by Emily Dickenson,  I never saw the moor, I never saw the sea…”

I wonder if Annie knows that what she said is insightful and profound, and Sally’s answer is equally beautiful; both comments reflect testimony.  Incredible women, strong women.

Note to self…discuss with daughters all the things I love about these friends.

Keep the pace, stretch it out.  Do it.

Unscientific observational experiment. Who is more likely to scoot over for us, male drivers, or female?
So far, the men have it, and they slow down too. ...  Is that because they want a better view?... 

Note to self...add the lingerie department to your list of errands, and buy that expensive industrial strength bra you were looking at!

Falling behind…
No, that’s a lie.  Truth is…not quitting, motivation, determination, do it, breathe, keep moving.
Breathe.
Note to self…park at the bottom and do the hills first.

Looking at friends.  Easy view from here.  Wow, Sally has amazing calves.  Wish I could look like her.
Wait, stop that!  Name something, anything.  Eyelashes.  I have naturally curled eyelashes and deep brown eyes.
Skip ahead on playlist to “Brown Eyed Girl”
Na na na na na na na na nanana ne-na! “Dance running”, it looks silly, but feels so good!  There are benefits to being at the back of the pack!

Hey wow, I can see the end.  3 more street lights… 4 more mailboxes, 3, 2, 1…
Ah, did it.  I am strong, I am beautiful... Laughing…laughing.
Stronger, I am getting stronger. I beat my time.  (Seconds count, right?)
Make plans for the next run, and lunch on Thursday.
Successful.

Note to self…I am strong, I am fit, I am capable
… I am urgently in need of a shower! 


Motivation high.  This is a great day!



My thoughts while walking on the tread mill...


... ...,
... ... ..., 
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
Running with friends is much more fun than this.
... ... ...

No comments: