Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Camera


Happy Birthday to ME!  John totally scored big with this birthday gift! I have wanted a camera for a very long time and when we finally went through the 3rd cheap camera in 2 years he decided it was time to stop buying and time to invest!  (More likely he got tired of me whining not being happy with the results I would get with the point and shoot versions!).  Whatever the reason, I am THRILLED!  I have been having a blast with this new "toy".  I have a ton to learn...but it is the fun kind of learning.  Here is some of what I have been able to do so far.  PLEASE remember... I am not a professional nor do I play one on TV or in Blog-land.  It's just me having a good time.  (If you want to help my family then you can come over and let me photograph you because I think my family is getting tired of me being my photo guinea pigs!)

This is one from my first "photo session"  Hailey was a good sport and when the wind picked up this is what we got!

This is from the YW's 5 mile hike last saturday.



This is totally legit!  The kids were really playing monopoly and I was playing with different lighting and focus settings.
I am thinking of putting this in B&W and then getting different game pictures for the new family room.



The kids had just come in from playing in the rain.  Ususally I am annoyed when they leave their shoes by the door but now I look at everything and think, "This would make a great picture!"  (I know, they are just boots, but I like it.)



This one is legit too!  Brook was making cookies and I was getting on her nerves!
Maybe I'll write that cook book I have been dreaming about.


I have taken hundreds of pictures since my birthday (it's only been two weeks).  I don't like them all and I wont be keeping all of them. There are a lot that I do like.  There is no way I could post or even frame them all.  But I figure that if I take a lot of pictures I'm bound to find a few that work.  Hopefully as I practice it won't take so many bad pics to get to those good ones.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I won't lie, I'm jealous of your new camera! I've been wanting a fancy one like that for a while. I've gotta do with my point-and-shoot for now though.

This is Kayla (formerly Mitchell, haha), found your blog through Facebook.